Video 3: Repair & prevent lower back pain
Building on the foundation that we have laid down, it now time to grow even further in our movement and body awareness. This exercise will target muscles of the lower back, pelvis, and hips that are very underutilized in most Americans today.
This exercise requires an elastic Thera band. These are bands that you can find at many of your local stores in the sporting goods section. Or here is a link to a band on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/TheraBand-Resistance-Workouts-Beginner-Stretching/dp/B07RG81MVP/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=circular+theraband&qid=1614788872&sr=8-11
Ready, set, LET’S GOOO!
1. Put the circular elastic band around both of your knees.
2. Find a solid surface like on a yoga mat, on a bed, or on the carpet and lie on your back with your knees bent.
3. Engage pelvic tilt and push your lower spine into the surface you are laying on.
4. Holding the pelvic tilt and pushing the low back into the surface you are laying on pull one knee out while holding the other leg firm to counterbalance the resistance of the band. (see video)
5. Do 10 reps on one leg and then switch to the other.
6. 3x10 all together
7. Do this exercise after the exercise in the second video every day, twice a day
8. This shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes at a time.
© Cason Lehman LLC. All Rights Reserved